Friday, July 13, 2018

Our story began on Memorial Day weekend 2011.  The day I drove north to pick up an adorable big eyed kitten who stole my heart on the internet.  I believed our story would be a long one, but apparently that is not the hand we were dealt.



My sweet Tesserae has been diagnosed with oral fibrosarcoma.  It was found June 14th and (mostly) removed on the 21st.  I really wasn't worried.  She'd had "things" in her mouth before and the biopsies came back fine.  The phone call I received on June 26th, 2018 changed our story.

This is a blog about devastation, denial, hope and acceptance.  I'm sure there will be some who won't agree with the path we take, how we get there, or when it ends.  This page is here, mainly for me, to record my feelings, our photos, to share with those maybe going through the same thing.  Maybe someone will reply with words of wisdom, inspiration or past experience.  Maybe someday someone will find this page and know they aren't alone in their feelings of helplessness.

I have made one solemn promise to Tesserae.  I will not let her know she's sick.  In the end that may mean saying goodbye long before I'm ready. (as I'll probably never be ready)  I will not let her suffer.  I pray she will tell me when watching butterflies no longer brings her happiness.

Welcome to our page.  This is our story.

Arline & Tessi


No comments:

Post a Comment

CLARIFICATION

Something was brought to my attention today by a dear friend and I thought I should clarify my post, or posts... or heck, the whole darn blo...